For sale - Garritan Personal Orchestra, MIDI controller

Got some stuff here that someone might be interested in. PM me if interested.

GPO: $125

-A great entry-level orchestral sample set.

M-Audio Keystation 61es: $100

-Solid, no frills MIDI controller. Never used it that much, in great/near perfect condition.

Line 6 GuitarPort: $50

-A great little amp sim; loads of amp, cab, and fx models. Doesn't require any other hardware for low-latency sound. Note: has been said not to work with Vista. I can't verify this myself, but it's the general consensus.

Twiddly Bits Drums & Percussion: $15

-A CD full of MIDI drum patterns in different styles. Ideal if you don't like programming drums or just want some instant grooves.

I've also got an electric-acoustic guitar I'd like to unload, but I doubt someone would want to make a blind purchase of that online.

What are the keys like on that keyboard? I have an M-audio pro88 right now with "Hammer action" right now and it leaves a little something to be desired. It's not bad for $300 though. I have never played on a synth action keyboard. What does it feel like? Is there some give to the keys, like a loose jello feel or do the keys feel plastic and toylike?

I can almost guarantee that almost any music store in the world will have a synth action keyboard for you to fool with. Go check it out if you don't know, it's almost like there's nothing there, it comes right back up after pushing.

I can almost guarantee that almost any music store in the world will have a synth action keyboard for you to fool with. Go check it out if you don't know, it's almost like there's nothing there, it comes right back up after pushing.

The M-Audio KeyStation 61es is not synth action. It's semi-weighted, so there is some give to the keys. I have the KeyStation 88es (identical, just with more keys), and for a semi-weighted keyboard, I'm quite happy with it.

If you're not a pianist, synth action is fine, since you'll probably want it for pads, organ, that kind of thing. If you're a pianist, you either want to get semi-weighted, which will be an adjustment to make (and harder if you're playing classical as opposed to jazz, IMO) or save for a good weighted keyboard. M-Audio's "hammer-action" ones, and probably any other weighted keyboard that costs under $1,000 isn't really worth the cost: either accept that you can't afford a good keyboard and go semi-weighted to save some money, or pay for something worth playing.