Super Mario 64 'Pirahna Plant's Lullaby' (Gospel)

Schmancy

Hey, all. This is a very baseline mix of the Pirahna Plant's lullaby from Super Mario 64. It felt like it could use a little bit of soul to it, the way that it plays, though that's hard to do without a powerful choir and a live recording, so I'll make do with this for arrangement purpose for now. The issues I'm aware of are primarily with balance, and a couple of the sections meant to be soloistic sound a little robotic, in my opinion. Let me know what else can be done, though.

Check it here.

...This is probably the last piece of music I would have ever expected to get remixed from this game, and yet you've done something truly unique with it, and I kind of like it.

I definitely agree, a lot of the sections still sound a little robotic. The piano sounds fine, but I'm not to hot on the organ for some of its solos. Maybe its just me. The arrangement itself, from a musical standpoint, is just fine, no problems with it at all. I'd say right now, concentrate on making the instruments themselves sound more natural, and run with it.

Good job, especially with the limited source material!

-thegamefreak

I'm finding it pretty hard to recognise the source tune, but tbh, that doesnt matter because this sounds amazing anyway XD

Its a great piece of music...

I really like the way you're going with this, keep it up and theres a strong possibilty it'll get accepted!!

And yeah, the sections do sound slightly robotic, but like I said, it doesnt really matter, but fix them anyway...

Keep up the good work :)

Stom

Yeah, it's pretty heavily improvised in a lot of sections. Hopefully it doesn't exceed the submission guidelines to have only a shadow of the theme in the majority of the piece.

I'll tweak some things to make it a little more organic and then bring a new version up here--thanks guys!

Despite the amount of source you've got for this, it's really good. I'm no critique but in my opinion it was a lil' repetitive, however I guess it's a lil' harsh to say that seeing as the original is only a few bars long. The instruments however didn't sound as robotic as earlier posts made them out to be...

Anyway this was ace. I'd love to see how you improve this one! ^^

Woo.. this one is really Smexy stuff dude.

It's very good music to listen to and relax!

So, here comes the bad ass criticism:

Maybe the drums should be a bit louder (not talking about the crashes.. but the snare, the kick and toms)... And it seems you need a stronger bassline. Sometimes it's missing, and its volume its really low!.

Other than that, bud, keep the good work! this is almost ready to go!