*NO* Final Fantasy 'String of Chaos'

djpretzel

Those are some LOUD strings. Watchout. -djp

To whoever reads this:

Another submission from D1&only Necas. "The Strings of Chaos," a

classical style remix of the Chaos Temple Song from Final Fantasy. I used

the main melody, but added an intro, an ending, and 3 sub/harmonic melodies.

It can be found at:

Enjoy.

D1&only Necas,

Ryan Necas

Wow, yeah those strings really are loud at the beginning. IMO their velocity is too much for this song, they could have been a lot softer. A couple of the harp arpeggio notes sound like they could be off. Interesting use of delays, but sometimes they do clash creating a bit of a mess. I swear I can hear this mix ducking as well, like it's been over compressed.

It's not too bad, but there are several issues with this piece.

NO

• 3 weeks later...

the strings are quite sterile, and the harmony is quite basic and repetitive. there is really no dynamicwork here at all. it has nothing to keep the listener interested. there is instrumental build, but it just gets busier, it doesnt actually build dynamically or musically. it is uninteresting. all this and a terribly weak ending earn this a

NO

It alot of ways this is like the harmonic version of adding a drumloop to a .spc We have the simple harmonic pattern of the original that repeats throughout the piece while various scales and arpeggio patterns play over it- not a bad way to approach improv., but it's a somewhat uninteresting way to deal with composition, particularly given the "classical" feel that this piece tries to have.

Also, double check the guitar at 1:33- seems to be a little bit of dissonance there which seems odd given the basic triadic nature of the rest of the harmony.

Unfortunately this just fails to hold my interest.

NO

all the problems were already pointed out, the only thing i would add is the piano parts sound rather unnatural, i'm guessing this was not sequenced by someone who plays piano often.

anyways, try adding some key changes, ritardandos, dynamic changes, something to make this less bland. there's so much you can do in this style...

no