*NO* Sonic Adventure 2 'Spawns of the Great Pumpkin'

djpretzel

Honestly, I have no idea... -djp

DJP,

DCT and I have a brand new remix for you. Here's the stats:

Original Song: Sonic Adventure 2 - A Ghost's Pumpkin Soup

Title: Spawns of the Great Pumpkin

ReMixers: DCT and reelmojo

If you remember the original you'll recall that this is a rap song. For our mix I wrote additional lyrics. So yes, this could be one of the few mixes on OCR with original lyrics. Thanks for considering adding us to the site, and here's the necessary links:

The Song:

The Lyrics:

Thanks again,

reelmojo

four12@msn.com

Good idea. But...

The music was not good, the piano and string samples were bad. The music was repetitive, and although that's ok in rap, this is OC - mix it up.

The piano is waaaay too loud and annoying, I can't hear the lyrics, and I needed to follow it via the txt file. Additional Lyrics are ok.

The vocal recording is yuk, clipping all over the place, and the vocal is not warm at all. I'm guessing this was recorded using one of those desktop mics you get with your pc. Don't like the cutoff ending.

I reckon this could have been pulled off, but the execution of the idea just didn't cut it.

NO

Exhibit A

Down in Pumpkin Hill I gotz to find my lost piece.

I know that it's here, I can sense it in my feet

OK.

Exhibit B

I'm hearing someone saying you a chicken, don't be scared!

It had to be the wind, 'cause nobody wasn't there.

double negative. interesting

Exhibit C

It probably seems crazy, crazy or graveyard eerie,

A ghost tried to approach me, he got leary.

Is that even a word?

its an interesting idea. a few things holding this mix back:

the vocal recording is really poor. there are noticable artifacts, and the recording quality is significantly lower than the other instruments. it sticks out.

the musical aspect isnt bad...at first...but this song is repetitive as hell. i know, its rap. ok. fine. thats not an excuse for boring me with that same piano line playing throughout the whole song. i dont understand myself why big name rappers dont have "B-Section" beats or lines in their songs. it seems like SOMEBODY would be doing it by now. anyway

the lyrics are...questionable at times. some are better than others. i really didnt hold the lyrics against the song when i made my decision to give this a

NO

The vocals almost entirely kill this. I encourage writing lyrics (which were pretty decent) and recording vocals, but I suggest that if you're going to record vocals, at least make it sound like it wasn't recorded through a cheap $15 computer microphone. :?

Everyone else pretty much hit all the problems with this one. But yes, "leary" is a word, he just spelled it wrong (leery).

EDIT: Whoops, yeah, my vote:

NO