*NO* Street Fighter 2 'Live Thai Guy' *PRIORITY*

Liontamer

The OneUps

Mustin, Anthony Lofton, Jared Dunn, Greg Kennedy, William Reyes, Tim Yarbrough

contact@theoneups.com

www.theoneups.com

Street Fighter II

Sagat

This is off of our newly released Volume 2 album. I added our arrangement to the Bad Dudes' "Thai Guy" compilation for the heck of it since we were already doing it.

If accepted please promote The OneUps Volume 2 by sending people to www.theoneups.com and to www.oneupstudios.com/ous_005.php.

Thank you!

-m

Mustin

Manager

The OneUps

www.TheOneUps.com

Contact@TheOneUps.com

------------------------------------------------------------

http://snesmusic.org/v2/download.php?spcNow=sf2 - "Sagat Stage" (sf2-21.spc)

Could go either way on this. Sounded pretty cover-ish. The melody and countermelody were pretty straightforward, but there was new part-writing in the background.

Though I liked the new stuff added on top, the arrangement dragged for me on the 3rd playthrough of the theme at :52. After the 4th iteration, we hit a good original section at 1:29. Loved the rhythmic change to the Sagat bassline at 1:48, a really nice touch. Heard a quick improv riff based of the Sagat theme from 2:14, which was also nice; loved that whole section.

2:37 retread the previous arrangement ideas with some minor changes. If the first minute and a half of the song wasn't basically that same section several times over, I would have been perfectly down with that close.

Cool track, and it's live and skillfully performed the entire way, but looking at it vs. other stuff we've passed, to me this ultimately seemed repetitive and underdeveloped as an interpretation. It's a cool cover and the soloing was sexy, so, in a vacuum, I love the track. I own Volume 1 and I'm buying Volume 2 down the line, but at the same time, I can't sign off on this one. No hate on a YES, but objectively speaking I've gotta go NO. I'd love to promote Volume 2 via a ReMix release, as was Mustin's intention, but it's probably gotta be via a different piece. :'-(

NO (resubmit)

Not disagreeing with anything with Shariq said. Short and sweet, great performances, good clarity. But I too thought it was coverish. For the first 1:30 and last 0:40, it plays very close to the original with instrument changes. The additions that I noticed were the keyboard adding a few new chords, subtle rhythm guitar, and more varied drums - nothing sizable. A little repetitive too. The original section is a cool addition but not connected to the source until the bass comes in, and even then it's loose. Altogether, I don't think it's right for us. Sorry, guys.

NO

Great performance and clear mixing like the previous votes said. Nothing wrong there. I really like the bass sound and the guitar rhythms. As Larry said the bass hinting at Sagat in the original section was definitely a nice touch.

However it feels slightly coverish. Up to 1:30 it plays very close to the source even in terms of sounds. The added keyboard chords were nice but it didn't make it feel less like a cover. The differences between the four repetitions of the main theme are very minor and thus the first 1:30 feels very repetitive at the third repeat. I know I'm echoing the previous posters but well, the original section was nice and a good section. The ending would've been okay if you hadn't repeated almost the same thing four times already.

Good track, clean production and well played but too much of a cover instead of an interpretation of the source. I say like Vinnie, I don't think it's right for OCR.

NO