Donkey Kong Country 2 'Lockjaw's Saga'

Ochobobo

If you listen closely to the electric piano, you'll hear this short delay of clicks. Fix that, both by watching early reflections and by fixing the a or r of adsr or the sample itself.

Conceptually this is really cool. The execution of it isn't quite on that level. It goes nuts, but not really managing to sound any better than the calm sections.

It also gets quite repetitive, and at times is just a copy of the source, sadly. Would be awesome to have a track like this on OCR, but there's a lot to fix before this would even get on the panel.

Mixing, instrument choices, writing... It doesn't sound like you're that experienced a remixer, so keep improving your skills, and revisit this later. It's got more than one good idea in it, so get your skills to the level where you can make something more refined out of this. Good luck!

This is interesting. This is one of my favorite source tracks. The opening sounds almost flawless. It's brilliant. I like the drums. At :33 it builds into :40 and feels weird, yet I think it works. I like the instruments and the feeling. However at 1:04 when it repeats a little bit it would rock if the melody was played there. I like your slow part, but it feels to early. I would like this to build more, and get even more crazy.

Props for this though, this track is a bitch. I don't believe i've ever heard a good remix. Facelessman had one a few years back but never finished. And L Spiro had a decent one too.