Zelda: Link to the Past 'Forest'

Mungan

Hai Thar! I recently made my first videogame-remix. I usually do my own music but i thought it would be fun to try remixing one of my old favorites: the forest-theme from zelda 3 (before you pick up the mastersword). I know i'ts a bit short and that the ending is weird but i will fix that later. Please tell me what you think.:<

http://www.megaupload.com/se/?d=NPC5M2K0

I've been waiting to hear a remix of this. Tried one myself, but haven't developed it far enough to share anywhere, and am not gonna until I've got time to work on it.

Samples here could use an upgrade. The strings aren't pleasant to hear, especially the pizzicato and the solo parts. Reverb can mask some of that, but you might need other samples.

The timpani and a lot of other instruments are buried uner the strings. All I hear, when I don't lsiten closely, are woodwinds and strings, everything fairly high in the ranges. More weight to the low registers.

As for interpretation, there is some, but I think ocr wouldn't find it substantial enough. 0:26-0:32 is nice, but the rest is basically just original+additional tracks. The track follows the progression of the source closely, you could deviate some from that.

I think you should work on giving it a more realistic sound as well as creating parts that aren't close copies of the source. Figure out a progression through the track that you want to hear, then make it. Good luck.

Please take the time to answer the questions in this post.

:ocrgreen::pretzel:I just noticed these random, possibly new emoticons so i put them here just so i could say "i used them"

Anyways...

I noticed that Rozovian just posted before me:razz:, but here is what I was also about to post:

Very Nice. Catchy too! But you need to add a some more originality and realism into it.. and length. But it is a WIP after all. Also, make the sounds sound fuller in the stereo, (if that makes sense)...because it sounds a little thin. Good use of panning on the violin.. but a more realistic instrument could be pro.

Good stuff, and looking for an update.

(If there is any essential info not mentioned, it'd be this down here)

Btw, if you are going to be in the OCR WIP forum more often, you should probably read the post at the top of the WIP forum talking about file hosting, http://www.ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=17685 because megaupload isn't a very favoured file-hoster for songs.

:ocrgreen::pretzel:I just noticed these random, possibly new emoticons so i put them here just so i could say "i used them"

Those are older than the site itself, or very nearly so. People never use them though. I'd explain what they are, but it's a long story...

And yes, megaupload is teh suck.

I like the playful flute in the beginning. This feels a lot like music from one of the newer Zelda games. And a little like circus music.