What computer/Com-type to buy for remixing purpose

You can never have too much processor for music making applications. However, as long as you get a minimum of a 2.4ghz Core 2 Duo you will be fine, generally speaking.

that makes me feel better. :D i only recently been buying gear, starting with the Line6 Gearbox. (I love this damn thing!) As for specs, I'm getting by pretty well with 1.8ghz Core 2 duo 6300 with 2 gigs of ram. Everything runs smooth between FL and Audition. My only complaint is getting my tracks loud enough. I can get them pretty loud, but it comes close to the "Death Magnetic" effect. High compression almost to the point of clipping. I'm not sure if the processor has anything to do with that sort of thing, does it? I also have a 5.1 sound system by Logitech that I got for around $150 US. My Audigy 2 may really be the issue though. I could use a second opinion on that.

PS. I just want to go on record that I think Death Magnetic is Metallica's best album since the Black Album. Just want to make that clear. :D