A question about using Ocremixes in videos

cetuskun

On this page (http://www.ocremix.org/info/Content_Policy) I understand everything up to the last paragraph, but there's a part at the end that confuses me a bit.

OverClocked ReMix reserves the right to terminate this license at any time. In such instances where OverClocked ReMixes have been incorporated into other works or are being redistributed or performed, the original artist must be contacted to obtain a separate license for the material in question, and all references and attribution to OverClocked ReMix must be removed. OverClocked ReMix maintains sole control of the distribution of materials under its name, as designated by "OC ReMix" in track titles, the "OC_ReMix" file suffix, or other indicators clearly establishing attribution of works to OverClocked ReMix. OverClocked ReMix in no way indemnifies those utilizing OverClocked ReMixes from legal action on the part of third party copyright holders.
I was planning to use an Ocremix in a Youtube Poop, and already included attribution in the credits, but when they refer to the original artist do they mean the remixer or the person who made the original song the remix is based on? From what I used in the song, you can't even really tell it was based on the original song to begin with. And it confuses me even more that it says to remove the attribution and replace it with the original artist's information. Which should I do?

On this page (http://www.ocremix.org/info/Content_Policy) I understand everything up to the last paragraph, but there's a part at the end that confuses me a bit.

I was planning to use an Ocremix in a Youtube Poop, and already included attribution in the credits, but when they refer to the original artist do they mean the remixer or the person who made the original song the remix is based on? From what I used in the song, you can't even really tell it was based on the original song to begin with. And it confuses me even more that it says to remove the attribution and replace it with the original artist's information. Which should I do?

Speaking in an unofficial, non-legally capacity, of course :lol: :

If you use an OC ReMix in a manner that's disallowed in the Terms of Use (for example, using one in a for-profit project), then we say that you cannot attribute the track to OC ReMix. Instead, you should get the direct permission of the original artist, which means the ReMixer, and work out a separate usage agreement.

As long as your YouTube video is not-for-profit, your planned attribution should be cool. Remember to plug the ReMixer, track title and OCR URL. Lemme know when it's up.