*NO* Delta 'Spanish Guitar (Final Mix)'

djpretzel

That guitar and trumpet are very obviously fake and its damn obvious when the miss-notes are hit on the keyboard.

Samples for guitar and horn are pretty damn good. The percussion wasnt nearly at that level though.

The arrangement style was decent at least for its genre, but the guitar and trumpet could have been played much better.

Finally, it repeats three or four times, fades out, and is rather short.

Work on a better percussive base, better mastering (the volume levels on the guitar and especially the trumpet were way loud). The arrangement aspect was decent, but you need to edit out those miss-notes at 0:09 and such..

Good ideas though.

NO

Wow, this mix is really loud, the guitar is really loud and the trumpet - sheesh!

The samples almost convinced me, until I heard the double notes, which happens when your finger slips on the keyboard, that could have been corrected easily with some careful listening and some editing.

It was repetitive, and then just faded out which seemed a bit lazy. Good ideas, but just a bit more work could have made this a really good one.

NO

You know this was going really neat until the end... from next to me I

heard my girlfriend comment: "... That's it?"

My sentiments exactly. The fade-out ending is a complete cop-out after

the neat quality of the rest of the instruments, arrangement not

withstanding.

Definatly some neat ideas going on in here, but this time I will say

NO

You know, despite the few performance flubs, I like this mix. It does a rather marvelous job of capturing a particular genre. The guitar and trumpet sound rather authentic for the style- although I wish a few of those mistakes were fixed.

This could definitely be improved some (the performance and ending in particular), but it's already pretty nice, so

YES

• 2 weeks later...