*NO* Bomberman Tournament 'Epsilon'

djpretzel

The site for the song:

Name of the song: Epsilon

Remixer (me): jammin salmon (real name = )

Indeed, it’s bomberman…and gba as well. The soundtrack in bomberman tournament wasn’t too incredible, but I thought that this town song was very memorable; it’s true the theme was played in every town, but still, it was undoubtedly the best in the one-player quest. That's why this song sounds so unbombermanlike, i guess. Surprisingly, I thought the quest mode this time around was quite good, because it was a sort of zelda-style bomberman.

Anyway, I toyed with the main tune a tad and added some spiffy delay effects that seemed to give the theme a rolling effect. In addition, I also noticed that it turns out to be a great whistling tune. And crickets – don’t forget those crickets. Assuming I’m talking to djp here, I’m hoping that this song will contribute to your bomberman remix representation on the site, consequently enhancing your bomberman skills. If you have no idea what I mean, here’s a quote: “Me and Bomberman need to have a serious talk sometime about how much I suck at this game, cause I think he holds some sort of grudge about low ReMix representation.” –djp.

Maybe he’ll drop his grudge, eh?

-Hope you like.

*NOTE: Also, I emailed a Super Mario RPG song at the beginning of January and have recieved no feedback or whatnot about it yet; i'm thinking that this may be since I sent it as an attachment in the email, which wasn't such a good idea. Anyway, if you somehow couldn't access it through the email i sent, just use the same link above and go to Melting Mallow (name of the song). Thanks again.

First things that strike me are the moff-chords at 1:23+

Second thing is that this song is extremely repetitive. The most it has going for it are key change.

The percussion goes all over the place and doesnt solidify into any kind of groove.

The delay squares are extremely loud next to the other instruments and rather out of place.

Work on mastering, percussion, chord structure, and progression/variation.

Cool ideas though.

NO

in the intro the notes are held too long, causing dissonance when the next note is played.

crickets are nice.

dissonance at 1:10...keeps on...uh....dissoning for a while.

the tambourine is REALLY grating.

different instruments cant hide the fact that there's really nothing different going on as the song goes on. there needs to be an interlude or something.

sometimes the lead is too loud.

3:00 i'm bored. lets hear something new, please.

lead still too loud.

slight interlude...but not really.

4:00 i'm bored. lets hear something new, please.

5:00 " " "

this mix is just hurting for new ideas.

NO

This was boring because essentially it was the same thing over and over again. At the beginning of the mix the notes blended into each other, and that didn't sound too good. The drum beat wasn't very cohesive, and just seemed a little chaotic.

At last at 3.30 we hear it change into something a little different. What this needed more than anything else was some more variation on the melody, a break from the monotonous theme just playing over and over again.

NO