Help with music for Metroid Remake

I am kinda new here... so I don't know where to start... well... my name is kenji imatake (just call me kenji for short) and I have joined just cuz I am a spriter / pixel artist, and a good one at that, so anyways I came across a super metroid remake (FSMR) and decided to help out. Turns out I became the official spriter. so anyways, what makes a metroid game so unique? It's music. We are very far in development of the game, but we don't have any music(I think we have sound effects though). I liked the music here, and wanted to learn how to make awesome music for this game. If I need proof of the game, here is an example of how the game looks:newtitlescreen-3.png

btw, I have anvil studios... if there is a better music...maker then could anyone please tell me =P

I'm afraid you can't just "pick up" remixing because you need a few songs for a project, and be really good at it. You need to be very interested in it to succeed. You might be better off just hiring someone or something. And I'm really hoping you weren't planning to make this a commercial product were you?

However if you really are interested in doing this, post some specific topics in the Remixing board (which is actually where I figure this thread should probably go)

Edit: oh, it is in the Remixing forum. CURSE YOU QUICK MODS!

nope, I've seen how annoying people can get with commercial products..... now back on topic, I had a feeling about that... about hiring someone that is. well, what I need is basically all the music from super metroid. but I think that might be a little much to ask for...

As per commercial I was thinking more along the lines that it would be completely illegal... but anyways, you haven't told us how serious you are about learning how to make music.

It can get Illegal!? the only thing I would think of if it was something bad... and I probably might just "hire" someone... I don't think I'm up to the job. Now that I think about it... does It cost money or something? to hire someone that is... like real business stuff? @DDRKirby(ISQ) the demo has not been released yet... but there are a couple of vids. I'll post a link, if ya want: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k2g8Irg5Rs note that most of the glitches seen in the video has been fixed.....

edit: that's kinda cool how the video just is... here! anyways I change my mind, most of the sprites and tiles and stuff are ready to be put in the game... so I Think it would be best if I make the music... I guess..... now, like I said, all I've got is anvil studios as a music maker, I haven't used it much... but I am sure I'll get the hang of it... just like spriting. so where do I start?

It can get Illegal!? the only thing I would think of if it was something bad... and I probably might just "hire" someone... I don't think I'm up to the job. Now that I think about it... does It cost money or something? to hire someone that is... like real business stuff? @DDRKirby(ISQ) the demo has not been released yet... but there are a couple of vids. I'll post a link, if ya want:
Illegal? Yes, did you not know that stealing someone else's concept, story, characters, and game engine was illegal? The thing is that no-one really cares a lot of the time if it's not a commercial product. As for hiring someone, YES it costs money, people do not do work for free unless they're really interested or do it for a hobby, so if you want someone to help out for free (which is also quite possible) ask for "Volunteers" or something, if you call it hiring, then they'll want $$. It's not as easy as you think to do good music. It takes time and practice.

As for being "very far into development of the game" I'd disagree if that video is the latest that you've got. You don't have a background, or levels, or enemies, and the engine seems really slow and glitchy.

Good luck anyways though.

hmm... I see.... oh, and I'ts kinda an old video, because our programmer has not updated it yet. the game is still in it's early stages, but that doesn't mean we don't have the backgrounds, tiles, enemies, etc... now this is kinda commercial product... If anyone would like to see the development n stuff, then visit metroid fan mission. but you've got to admit... It still works, right? because it's so glitchy, that is why there are no real levels at the moment... volunteers eh? hmm... this is going to be harder than I thought...

oh, now I get it. I should've found out more about this place before I joined =P (please don't mind me.) hmm... let's start over... I wanted to try and make music for a superoid remake... but where do I start? how do I begin? there are too many questions to ask! >.<

thanks, now... I guess It's time to try out some music.......

EDIT: before I get started with anvil studios, I found out about some Mario paint composer thing, and I think its a good idea to start with that and see what I can do. I already have a wip maridia 2 (the rocky area) that sounds decent, even though it sounds a little odd here and there... umm is there a way to upload this song here so anyone can rate it? I don't know how to upload music.....