need help with modplug.

Hi.

I'm an absolute newbie, like, never mixed anything, ever. Therefore, I couldn't care less about remixing at the moment. No, what I want to learn is how to handle my tracker, ModPlug. so...

How do I make it play the patters in sequence, instead of the selected one, over and over?

I hope you can help me...

EDIT: Forget this, I got it. Less experimenting, more web tutorials. :-)

Modplug rules, it's probably my favourite free program.

Once you get a good hold on that program you should give Renoise a try, if you're willing to shell out a few bucks for it. It operates like Modplug but has ASIO, VST support and all that modern stuff.

I'm actually surprised people are still starting out with Modplug though, I guess there hasn't been enough good free music apps since 1998 :P Cockos Reaper is good but it's a bit complex for an absolute newbie IMO

Yeah man just keep playing around with it and you'll get it!

Also, if you're an IRC nerd, hit up #mod_shrine on irc.esper.net, we usually have tracking compos* daily or at least every few days [s3m/it/xm/mod formats] :) that's a good way to get to know a tracker.

*a one-hour compo is where a bunch of people gather in a chatroom and compose a song with a provided samplepack for one hour, then send in the files to the host. really fun!