Final Fantasy IX Kingdom of Burmecia mix

DJ_JD

I'm working on a remix of Final Fantasy IX Kingdom of Burmecia called Fall of Burmecia. My main problem with most of my mixes is once I have the core of it (ie: stuff from the sheet music) I can't seem to put my own ideas to it. I will upload what I have so far by Friday the 14th. It sounds cool but the problem is it has no originality on my part. It seems to be a major problem in most of my mixes. It halted my progress on most of my mixes like I am working on a mix of Sonic 2 Chemical Plant Zone and a mix of Suikoden 2 Amid the Silence. I have my main parts but I can't get the originality. Any suggestions? (If you guys want I can upload what I have so far of those two as well)

No source link, no source comment.

There's a nice synth rhythm here, but not much in terms of melody. Get rid of those drums and add new ones. See if you can find another track in the game with a melody you can add to this, something short and simple that you're comfortable with tweaking to fit the chords you've got here. Don't be afraid to change the chords here to something else, if the melody sounds better that way.

If the above doesn't work, start a new remix. Don't start by getting the source, start by writing your own versions of it, even if it's just altered little melodies.

Good luck.