*NO* Legend of Zelda 3 'Hera's Lounge'

djpretzel

Hello. I'm a newcomer to OC ReMix and this is my first submission. The url is . I believe my host has a restriction on the limit of characters in the file name, but I have entered all the ID3v2 tags according to the guidelines.

My ReMixer name is Kimchi. This is a jazz remix of the light world dungeon music. I hope you enjoy.

Thanks.

-Kimchi

Hera's Lounge is apparently in a cave. This is reverbed like crazy.

Not too bad- gets a few bonus points for trying something a little different for this community.

The drummer is on autopilot- daydreaming of better days I guess. It'd be nice to hear some fills or something.

I would have liked to have more attention paid to dynamics and expression. Jazz is more of a "live" medium and this mix doesn't make much attempt at capturing that aspect.

But nonetheless, it's a fairly nice arrangement and something a little different.

I wish it were better, but I'll go ahead and give it a YES

One of my all time favorites.. DONT disappoint me!@?!?

Hmm... nothing too special about the drums. In fact, the drums are rather simplistic and repetitive.

The piano is the nice part of this song.l

This is sort of a B-rated jazz piece. Its trying to be something, but never quite reaches that point.

The drums really went no where. The ending was sorta weak. The melody was decent but followed the original pretty much through the whole thing.

All I can say about this is that if the strength of the song was upped a few notches with better beats, more interesting bass, and such it would get a yes, but alas..

NO

Hera's Lounge is apparently in a cave. This is reverbed like crazy.

Not too bad- gets a few bonus points for trying something a little different for this community.

The drummer is on autopilot- daydreaming of better days I guess. It'd be nice to hear some fills or something.

I would have liked to have more attention paid to dynamics and expression. Jazz is more of a "live" medium and this mix doesn't make much attempt at capturing that aspect.

I agree completely with what Israfel said. except i think all these complains are clearly worthy of a NO

and the ending barely qualifies as half-assed.

• 2 weeks later...

Right off I'm not digging the arrangement of the piano line knowing this

is suppose to be loungy/jazz. The style it takes on once the bass kicks in

is cool, but I'd like to hear some chords under those notes to start off with

or something a little less 'plucky' sounding.

Just sounds too 'strict' for me to get into it... I'd love to have heard this

actually performed instead of having been synthesized. It's just not

human enough.

NO