Old backup of a webpage loading instead of the current version? (Anime Remix)

OverCoat

I'm going to ask this here because nobody posts on my site anymore.

http://www.animeremix.org/

You may be seeing either a news post about the state of Anime Remix or another news post dated July 5th belatedly celebrating the Fourth of July. I have no idea why but sometimes, this old version of the site loads. It's an exact replica of the site that seems to run parallel to the other one. Even the forums are different, the old one seems to be fraught with spambots even!

Here's the thing though - my cache has definitely been cleared multiple times since that time so I'm wondering if it's client side or server side - both Xaleph and 1stStrike [the awesome host of our site] have assured me that everything on their side is fine, but they don't know what could be causing this issue. Anyone here have any ideas? In all my 10+ years of being on the internet I've never seen anything like this.

If it's actually server side, I'll pass the info on to Xaleph, because I'm not the AR codemonkey :D

Other then being broken in IE7(<div class="longText"> does not display correctly), I see no other problems with regards to some sort of cached version being displayed. Is this a problem only you are having or have you had other people bring this to your attention?

Strange, I've never heard of this happening before either...wait. This HAS happened to me and currently is happening. I've been noticing the same exact thing (except the cached page is only 1-2 weeks old) on a different website that I go to often. Whenever I get on on my laptop (which has the same exact browser and version) I get the most recent update but on my desktop I get a page that's a few weeks old. Strange...

EDIT: The site I go to is a Wiki too so that makes it even stranger...

This is kind of a shot in the dark but I assume you are logged on to the website, try logging off and see if the problem occur.

I don't have an account on the wiki. =( The edit history says the page was last edited August 31, 2008, but I'm pretty sure the (old) page I'm looking at is newer than that.

In firefox, a couple of things to try in about:config

Change 'browser.cache.check_doc_frequency' to 0(once per session), 1(every time a page loads) or 3(when the page is out of date)

Change Browser.cache.offline.enable to false.

Still shooting in the dark since I can't recreate the problem.

This is where I would try a different browser, a new firefox profile, a different windows profile and finally different machine. If the problem persists you can go back to your host/codemonkey and tell them your site be busted. If it works on one or more of these scenarios, it will give a clue into where its broken.