Flashing green pixels

Amayirot Akago

Ever since I got my new Club3D (NVidia GeForce) 9600 GT graphics card I've noticed, at times, swarms of green pixels appearing in certain places, but only on specific things (like a certain spot on a specific page of a manga, a specific scene in a video file, or a banner on a site somewhere). Given the circumstances I doubt it's due to overheating; anyone have any ideas what it might be?

Of course, I installed those as soon as I got the card.

Hmmm... I just had a quick look at my wallpaper, this morning there was a single green pixel there but it seems to have disappeared now. When I open up that one manga page though, the pixels appear in the same place as always.

Just checking, I have fixed a lot of problems just by downloading the latest drivers from the respective website because people assume the driver disk is up to date or that the generic drivers are good enough....

and...sure its not a bad cable or heaven forbid your monitor reacting poorly to colors/blacks/whites?

you both forgot something extremely important - there's a good chance that your previous drivers are still installed on your system. especially if you upgraded from an nvidia fx, 6-series, 7-series, older (g80) 8-series, or any ati card. the g92 8-series of nvidia cards - aka, the pci express 2.0 cards - use the same drivers as the lower-end g94-based 9-series, last time i checked. when i installed my 7-series card in escariot's computer (along with a new mobo) i forgot to tell him to uninstall all drivers and reinstall them - he had massive purple blips all over the screen (it was a problem with the black rendering on his, i think). he fooled with the card till he broke the fan, and then said it was a heat issue. check that you're fully seated, but i think it's a driver issue.

the issues could be related to a bugfix that was release between your current drivers and those old ones, thus rendering it as a solid pixel rather than one shaded properly. the issue (since it was a manga you're talking about) is likely related to some specific shade of red, blue, or green.

that post had a lot of info on it, so here's the basics. uninstall all graphics drivers (c:/nvidia, just uninstall everything there no matter what it is or how new or old it is) and then reinstall the 180.24 (i think) drivers, whatever's the newest for the 9-series of cards. there's a beta out, 180.86, that might fix issues as well, but i'd suggest trying the released 180 drivers first.