Capcom Music Question

dommie

I stumbled across your site here trying to find out some info on an old Capcom game called Section Z. I can't find who is credited for the music of the NES version of the game. Anybody have any clue?

Also, how receptive are companies like Capcom or the actual artists (not sure who in this case actually owns the rights to the music) to permitting some of that older game music to be used in other mediums like video? Has anybody tried securing the rights to use older video game music before?

Sorry for the noob questions.

I stumbled across your site here trying to find out some info on an old Capcom game called Section Z. I can't find who is credited for the music of the NES version of the game. Anybody have any clue?

http://www.ocremix.org/composer/id/47/tamayo-kawamoto/

Also, how receptive are companies like Capcom or the actual artists (not sure who in this case actually owns the rights to the music) to permitting some of that older game music to be used in other mediums like video? Has anybody tried securing the rights to use older video game music before?

Sorry for the noob questions.

I'm sure it depends on what you'd be using it for. Can't speak for 'em, but if it's just for some YouTube video, they wouldn't care. If it were for profit, you'd get in touch with their licensing department (in this case, you'd end up calling and seeing how far you get).