newcomer with a couple questions

gravei

The DKC 2 project has a dub mix on it...but I'm not at liberty to spread the mix yet :razz: . You can hear a tidbit of it on the preview track I just posted up.

Otherwise, OCR doesn't really discriminate between genres and such - we encourage people to explore music of all sorts of genres and appreciate them. Certain artists do tend to stay in certain genres though, and with some listening you can figure that out. It can't hurt to explore some, does it?

I was wondering if anyone could point me out some dub/dubstep or other similar genres as far as remixes go? Barring that, is there a way to search for remixes via genre? like an easy way to look for guitar stuff, or piano stuff, etc etc?

Welcome to OCR! What type of genre you lookin' for? I'm pretty knowledgable about most tracks here. Which video game music you lookin' for anyway? I really recommend to spend quite a few weeks in here and just browse through everything... You'd be surprised how many amazing tracks you can find... even with games you wouldn't figure that has potential at all could have awesome music. I promise you will enjoy it here. ^_^

Thanks for the speedy responses guys. "newcomer" is a bit of a lie I guess, I've been lurking here off and on for quite a few years and have indeed heard some amazing tracks. I'm not trying to be close-minded or anything, it's just that in this instance I'd like to find some dub/dubstep remixes, rather than just whatever my browsing takes me to.

Hey Gravei, I too enjoy a spot of dubstep which is pleasing to the ear. As far as remixes are concerned here, I haven't come across anything too concrete in terms of dubstep. But there is one track on the Voices of the Lifestream album which has a hint of dubstep, though some would argue that it is not. Track 3- No Such Thing As The Promised Land by Sephfire and SGX sounds very dark, gritty and has a dubstep feel to it. Check it out if you haven't already.

http://ff7.ocremix.org/tracks/