*NO* Mega Man Battle Network 'Network of Power'

Liontamer

Contact info:

Remixer name is Jabond23.

Real name is Joe Nichols.

Email address is jabond213@gmail.com

Website is http://www.myspace.com/nintenjoe64

UserID is 25151

I'm submitting a rock remixed version of the opening screen theme from Megaman Battle Network for the Gameboy Advance. This was actually a request from a friend and I think this version came out very well. All instruments are played by myself and nothing is sampled from the game itself at all. I took some extra time in the post-production of this song and i think the length of the song as well is very reasonable. Please let me know what ya think! :)

Thanks,

Joe

------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.zophar.net/download_file/8211 - (01) "Theme of Rockman EXE"

Your leads didn't stand out enough from the supporting guitars, and the tone of the programmed drums was also really weak in comparison. Sloppy notes from :46-:47. The transition to the electronic stuff at 1:15 really exposed the drums; they didn't fill up the space well, and the pattern was boring and basic. Flesh them out and spice up the patterns with more complexity or variation during the verses.

The lead synth choices for the electronic parts also sounded flimsy. The lead guitar, though it wasn't loud enough, still sounded much meatier/fuller in comparison. You've gotta make your electronic sound choices more complimentary to the rock half of the mix. Some more melodic variation for the rock portions from section to section would also help.

Keep working on it.

NO

Wasn't really feeling this one, Joe. There was a lot of repetition in the programmed parts like the drums and also in the structure of the song. The chorus has got the same phrase twice, then the same phrase doubled twice. And you use this chorus three times! Give us some difference in the backing parts at least, if you do something like this. The B-section did pretty much the same thing, repeating the one melody a few times, then doubling it. The transitions between these sections were awkward too.

Production is very scrunched together, with the parts blending into each other. EQ should have been used to separate parts more, which might have also allowed you to pull up the song's volume a little without it seeming like overkill.

Your guitar performances are pretty cool, but there's a lot of issues here. Spend some time in the WIP to get over some of the basic hurdles, and send us something else when you feel you've improved.

NO

• 3 weeks later...

Guitar never really matches up with the percussion, does it? :\ Some wonky note choices around :46; not sure what's going on there.

The section starting at 1:25 really doesn't capture the strength of the melody at all; I can see what you're trying to do by just playing the phrases, but the timing is constantly off and it just doesn't work. Drums are repetitive and dry, and they don't mesh well with the guitars, which sound really messy.

It's too bad, I really love this source tune. :\

NO, but keep at it.