Probably Simple Automation Help

Grayburg

I accidentally clicked on 'Create automation clip' in right click > Tempo.

I've never used automation clips in any of my projects so far, so I have no idea what happened. It looked like it made a new pattern and channel. I tried deleting the pattern and channel to get rid of it, but when I try to change my tempo to something else, if I play the song again, it'll reset back to the 140 bpm.

How do I completely get rid of this tempo automation?

the flp: http://ifile.it/9qi0yvo

I've noticed that once you set something to automate, it'll remember what value you original set it at, regardless of whether or not you use the automation clip. So even after you delete the auto clip, it'll still go back to that value.

How I go about changing it, is to delete the auto clip you have for it, set the value you want to keep, and then make another auto clip for it. That should always reset it to the new value, and you can simply delete the auto clip again if you don't plan on using it.

Simpler way: just change the tempo to what you want then right click > Init song with this position

Now it'll default to that position instead. Alternatively you could go into the browser at Current Project>Automation>Initialized controls>Tempo and delete it.