*NO* Legend of Mana 'Magic of ROA'

djpretzel

There is some ugly programming on the violin. Attack isn't being considered. Same goes for just about every string instrument used.

Still..

this song has a very strange effect on me. Its very hard to concentrate on. It makes me think of other totally unrelated things. Maybe that was the intention?

GRAH!11

I'm totally borderline. The effect of this song is undeniable, but the song itself is extremely lacking....

I'll get back to this.

What the hell's a ROA???

First Impression:

Yeah, that violin is out of control. My suggestion is have 2 violin tracks, one for the opening long attack, the second for the short attack, long release lagato. In other words, one track for the start the violin section, the second track for the rest of it. Damn, I just Mcguivered[sic] the hell out of that.

I like the jungle aesthetic you've got going. It's pretty damn evokative, especially the deep drone parts.

The ending fades. I'm pretty sure you could've come up with a more inventive way to close.

Lasting Impression:

I have a thing for "jungle" timbres. In that respect, this song captures the atmosphere quite well. The technical aspects though, are what's holding it back. That violin needs to be retuned. There needs to be more in the middle, a something, if you will. Use that time and space to really make it your own. And get a better (read: more inventive) way to close. Considering how much it already repeats, fading out is kind of a cop-out.

No

• 4 weeks later...