*NO* Mortal Kombat '2003'

djpretzel

Hey. This is DJ Terra writing... I like to submitt a Mortal Kombat ReMix, If its Ok. I saw on the page that you already have an Mortal Kombat remix there... So, i like to Submitt ''Mortal Kombat 2003''

Here is a Link to my page to Download ''Mortal Kombat 2003'':

Ps: On that site my name is ''DJ MetaZero''... But just change my name to ''DJ Terra'' if you want...

- Dj Terra -

okay. imagine the MK theme from the MK CD. Play it at double speed. Eliminate that whole "harmony" problem by never playing more than a total of 3 notes at a time on the lead, bass and drums. Strech to 4:30 by adding lots of interlude sections and repeating all of them. Add voice sample of curly going "wooop woop woop woop woop woop!" (or is it mel gibson?). You are now imagining this mix.

maybe this is enough to please some techno fans, but not me. it needs more. more harmony, more depth, more mood, more ambience.

NO

I'm gonna need proof that this song is actually from a game before it was from a movie to even consider it for acceptance.

In the meantime, its pretty typical quality rave. typical everything.

I'd probably give it a yes, but as it stands, its just not from the games I've played and there is no proof showing that is from an arcade version.

NO

I am the chosen one... alright

First Impressions:

WTF OMG BBQ!!! That woo woo woo woo was hillarious and SO out of place I'm having trouble writing this.

*pause*

Okay, back we go.

Yep... its pretty typical of the genre that people are starting to dislike about OC. Drum loop goes doot doot doot doot, synth goes wah wah wah wah... Pretty typical. Nothing really to scream home about.

And yet... a part of me really likes this. I don't think the quality of its composition warrents it a place in OC, but that woo woo woo had me reeling. So congrats, I'll be keeping this one.

Lasting Impression:

I'm not sure, so nobody lynch my black ass or start to panic, but I think he remixed the MOVIE tracks. I'm not 100% on it, but I am fairly certain that the themes in this mix are in the movies, which DQ'a it from OC.

And even assuming it does not -- there not that much here. It's all one progressive movement set to voiceovers. I think the "bar-raising" of OC should include a decent amount of invention and originality. This is... textbook techno.

No -- even if it isn't a movie rip