Barry Jamieson - Arp thing ( 2Radical Remix ) ( finished

MadGonzo

Oke oke...

been working on this track for some time, and I think im almost done now. I dont plan to work on the composition anymore, I consider it finished.

However I have done almost nothing on mastering, so that will take up most of my time.

And some other parts that need editing would be the guitar solo, its a place holder for now.

Some background information: The main sample playing throughout the track originates from hybrid's Arp thing, which should be considered the source.

source: http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=-LEhyusZ4ZM

Now what I need help on is:

A: Are you interrested in this track. ( as a listener )

B: Help on mastering.

C: The guitar part

D: Finish the track

file: down below... sry tindeck is down???

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ywzuydytywz/Arp Thing WIP.mp3

UPDATE:

stats.png

PS: Dont ask me why that dude on youtube through it was cool play with his glowing ball, put music on it and then upload it to youtube... ugh

I like the laidback feel to the song... I love the original a LOT so this feels a lot like an extension of the original; which is totally fine with me. The only problem I'm running into is that it sounds like theres a little bit too much of the original track filling up the entire song. That is... unless you have just mirrored the sounds perfectly, in which case good freakin job :).

Oke oke I think im done with this track now. I added some more stuff but I dont want it to get too crowded and I still want to keep the source in the track since it is more of an edit than a compplete overhaul.

Hmm I did the mastering and it sounds good to me... however some of you might hear different errors with it. so if you hear any errors be sure to tell me.

And hy, I just did a wave sample that I chopped up. mirroring would be extremly difficult.. maybe even impossible

stats.png

It's probably due to the quality of Youtube, but your version actually sounds much, much cleaner than the original. Very nice.

Yes, it sounds like you took some of the sounds straight from the source, but there are really no 'rules' for something like this, so do what you've gotta do to make it sound great.

I like the feel of this. It's very... chill. It has a nice beat, nothing too complicated. Your use of musical space is good.

The only thing that's odd is your ending. It sort of just... ends. I understand, of course; with a song like this it's hard to make a proper ending.

If you're just working on production things then I'd call this piece done, here. Very well done :)