*NO* Energy Breaker 'Chunky Beatz'

djpretzel

First Impression:

Does this sound alot like Wave Man from Megaman 6!?!?!!

Anyways--

I really like the guitar-flute duo. Very nice. The beats that come in... I don't know whether that's a high-hat or a clap or both, but at least through these headphones, they're kinda loud. A little distracting, but I'll assume it's just my Fly Gear and keep going.

Improv is nice. Rhodes is teh sexor.

The ending is kind of a roadrunner scenario. Wily keeps running, never noticing he's off a cliff. Suddenly, it dawns on him that no, there is no ground beneath him and yes, he's going to plummet to his doom. I was Wily in this scenario, the mix was the ground. Ieeeeeeeeeeeeee

Lasting Impressions:

Very nice chill song. The high-hat/clap/UFO is kind of distracting. And that ending is Ieeeeeeeee material. But I don't think these two things justify me turning you away to weep in a puddle of your own sweet, sweet misery.

YES

And goddammit... does anybody else hear pure, unadulterated Megaman 6?

with some work this could be a pretty good remix, but it's clearly not there yet.

my biggest problem is that the groove, the guitar, bass, and drums, stays the same through the entire song. exactly the same. there's no variation and no escalation whatsoever. my second biggest problem is that the song doesnt end, it just dies. it's half-assed. i also am not pleased by the drumloops, which i feel dont fit terribly well.

NO

dispite the no vote, i think with some improvements this could be pretty good. i liked the guitar and bass parts.

the loopyness of this mix wouldn't be so bad if the instruments were more expressive, everything feels so dry and static. there needs to be more dynamics and expression in the melody and counter melodies.

the mix is fairly basic overall and although i've done my share of abrupt endings, this one is pretty cheap. not a bad mix, but it would benefit from a resubmit.

no

I like the leads and I like the flow (except the artificial guitar double-notes), but the first 47 seconds is set on repeat for a little less than two minutes with only two more elements introduced. Bringing in the drums only after looping the initial passage is poor development. Looping again with just improv piano and zero ending makes this unfinished at best, thoughtless at worst. The guitar+flute is enjoyable, but weaknesses like the generic drumloop, gritty recording, and absence of accompaniment solidify this as imperfect.

Good WIP. Finish it up.

NO