Final Fantasy VIII - "The Oath"

Catharsis

I thought this song was both amazing in the original game and especially in the orchestrated version.

I don't think this would be good with any other genre than it already is, especially in the orchestrated version. The mood should be kept. Perhaps Celtic, with a dulcimer? Though, there really aren't any fast-paced portions.

It might be quite possibly a good idea to combine this with another song -- perhaps from the game itself, or from another Final Fantasy.

Anyway, thanks in advance if anyone does this. I'm sure it would be enjoyable for all, especially the remixer.

When you say it should be combined with another track, I think it would be good if it began with 'The Oath' and then faded into 'Movin'. Or maybe one of the other themes you hear during the garden battle...

Hmm, I'm guessing maybe the other way around, actually. The strength of The Oath is in it's climax, which is near the end. (Start listening to the above link at around 3:48 to see what I mean.) But if it would be a constant rhythmic remix, that would work.