World of Illusion

Kumori

Hey there!

I haven't posted in OC in ages... literally... but I have been trying stuff with music, mostly original stuff... that I keep for me until I think they're good enough.

Anyway, I've always liked flying themes, in movies (ET, Neverending Story, Hook), and in videogames... and I love the song that plays in World of Illusion when Mickey flies riding a cork (you can see it here from minute 3:16:

)

Well I was messing around with my not so top notch soundfonts and tried to do something with it... the result is as follows:

stats.png

It's only 16 seconds long...it's an approach for you to get the idea of what this theme might sound like...

what do you think? It's hard for me to continue anything (especially music) but if it's worth it maybe I will :)

You're welcome to take a listen and say what you like :)

Thanks a lot in advance!

Thanks for your reply! This theme made me shiver too, back in the day, and I really think something very nice could be done wit it... dunno if I'll be able to get what I have in mind, but I'll definitely try :)

I added a bit more to it today.. now it's 36 seconds long :P

Hope you like what's been done so far... needs some volume and reverb tweaking and stuff but I'm saving that for later :)

Thanks a lot for your feedback! I'm so glad you like what's been done so far :)

I'm really in the mood to continue working on this, but it might take a while for me (I cannot play the keyboard so I go note by note... takes a while...)

Still, I'll definitely keep you updated :)

I'll work on the "human" part of the strings... let's see if I can get it as realistic as possible. All kinds of tips are really welcome :)

Anyway thanks again! you really made me want to continue this :) and I will :)

Indeed! the memories :)

Thanks all for your feedback! I've been a little busy lately but still working on it... the hard work comes now...

I'll post something when I have a decent version of the whole song :) getting there :)

Thanks!