UMD Deathmatch for Charity THIS SUNDAY!

justinj212

The University of Maryland Gamer Symphony Orchestra's third annual Deathmatch for Charity will be held on Sunday March 8th from 1-6PM in the Colony Ballroom of the Stamp Student Union.

All proceeds will go to benefit Child's Play, a non-profit organization which provides toys to children's hospitals. A suggested donation of $5 at the door gets you access to free play video games and tabletop games, a live GSO performance, music by 8-Bit Radio, displays by local gaming, music, and anime clubs, our name-that-tune contest, and more!

There is an additional entry fee PER tournament if you wish to enter them. These are separate from the free play games and run at the following times:

$3 Tetris 1PM

$5 Street Fighter 2 HD Remix 1PM

$3 Guitar Hero 3 2PM

$5 Smash Brothers Brawl 3:45PM

Please visit our homepage at umd.gamersymphony.org to register or to learn more about our tournaments and free play games. Email umdgso@gmail.com with any questions.

WHO: The UMD Gamer Symphony Orchestra

WHAT: Video Game Tournaments and Free Play Benefitting Child's Play

WHEN: Sunday March 8th, 1-6PM

WHERE: Colony Ballroom, Stamp Student Union

WHY: Have fun and help raise money for a good cause!

WEB: www.umd.gamersymphony.org, www.childsplaycharity.org

EMAIL: umdgso@gmail.com

ALSO, we may be looking for local OCR'ers to rep OCR at the event. Keep this in mind, and I'll keep you posted!

I'm probably going to go to this. It's not far away from me at all, plus I'll try to gather some old friends that live in the area. Don't worry, Prophet, I'll carry you there in spirit. I didn't even know there WAS a gamer symphony orchestra, let alone this close!

justin was at magfest, you were just in too much of a daze to notice =)

if it's awesome, do me a favor and tell me it was bad anyways so i don't feel bad.

justin was at magfest, you were just in too much of a daze to notice =)

if it's awesome, do me a favor and tell me it was bad anyways so i don't feel bad.

Indeed I was, plugging the GSO as usual. And it's going to be awesome, just a matter of how many people we can get there.