Liontamer

Contact Information:

# ReMixer name: NUllmanifest

# real name: Loren Price

# userid: 26834

Submission Information:

- Name of game arranged: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time

- Name of individual song arranged: Great Fairy's Fountain

- Comments: This song has been stuck in my head for weeks so I decided to make a more relaxed ambient version and thought it might be ocremix worthy.

--------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.zophar.net/download_file/12209 - (40) "Great Fairy's Fountain"

I absolutely love the mood of the piece, but once you get to 1:50 and the buildup is finished, the rest is on cruise control and ultimately too repetitive.

The overall construction isn't too complex, and the melody could use more interpretation, but it's still well-put together. You have things you can do like use the countermelody somewhere or alter the ambiance. Offer some more variation.

NO (resubmit)

BIG shout-out to OpenDNS, it fixed my router and finally made it possible to download a remix in less than 30 minutes :tomatoface:

On to the mix then! Very nice ambient soundscape but it's feeling a bit static even though the textures are pretty. Might be the lack of changes in the overall sound. While I understand you're going for ambient you need to develop your ideas more to keep it from taking down the arrangement as a whole.

Arrangement has some decent ideas but overall you need more melodic interpretation, variation and developement. Nothing wrong with a minimal approach to ambient but you could easily keep the mood while adding arranged material like counter-melodies, changes in the harmonies and a more varied take on the melody.

NO

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice mood here - lots of motion, good sound, smooth flow. Just like Larry, up until 1:50, I was really liking this. The introduction of a more arpeggiated melody seemed promising, but it didn't lead anywhere, and for the rest of the piece, it was on autopilot. More variation is key. It needed to evolve more beyond the same textures if you wanted to keep it 4:28. It would be nice to hear some additional subtle pads drift in, and of course, using more source melody would be great. Keep working on it!

NO (resubmit)