*NO* Chrono Trigger 'Wind Beats'

djpretzel

i like this trance in 6/8 idea, but the execution doesnt cut it. first of all, this mix takes way too long to get going. the melody doesnt come in till 1:30. i'm bored. the next crippling problem is that the song is repetitive as hell. it doesnt build enough, and it repeats repeats.

fix it up. then try again.

NO

Definitely some good ideas in this one. Unfortunately they're not executed very well. The repetitiveness in this one is ASTOUNDING. Also, the pizzicato sound is kind of out of place amongst everything else. Hmmm... this song isn't actually half bad, but it isn't good enough to get a YES. The drums are completely dry, and the only noticeable processing is reverb and delay. But jeez, this thing just repeats and repeats and repeats. Barely any dynamic arrangement at all. I do like how you kind of molded the melody to fit the style. But other than that, there isn't much good about this. Nice attempt, anyway.

NO

I'm all for gradual development of an idea or theme, but I'm also a firm believer that there has to be something there in the meantime to entertain theme whilest the theme gets 'a goin'. Kinda like magazines at the dentist's office. Don't put a Highlights there, go ahead and plop down a Penthouse. But enough of Seinfeld... let's talk about you

Like everyone else has mentioned, some good ideas here. But it is quite repetative and at times, feels a bit hollow for the genre.

NO