*NO* Mega Man 2 'Not Quick Enough '

djpretzel

i've recently remixed the Quickman stage from Mega Man 2 and would like it to be evaluated for submission. unfortunately, i uploaded the song before i had a chance to edit the ID tags. so in case this is admitted, then:

Title: Mega Man 2 Not Quick Enough OCR ReMix

Artist: MC Kiri

Year: 2003

Genre: Game

Comment: http://remix.overclocked.org

after sex, women call me, "Quick man!" because I'm good in the sack!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't the instruments are used as effectively as they could have been. There is this pervasive sense of emptiness to the song. It really doesn't let up and for an audiophile like myself... it feels quite hollow. The reverb on some instruments also seems a little too high, making it muddy (which is an odd contrast to the empty nature of the piece)

If this piece were developed more fully (rather than longer) I'd give it a yes, but-

NO.

Well, uh, it doesn't use any drum loops, but it definitely uses a whole ton of default FL samples. It isn't too bad, actually. The arrangement is decent, but yeah, that piano is horrid. The entire thing could do to have some good EQing done to it, too, as the high end sounds a bit lacking, and the lower-mids seem nonexistent. Some pretty interesting percussion work going on in here, though. Strangely, however, it sounds as though most of the sounds are panned to the right some. *blink*

Anyway, fix that freakin' piano, EQ the entire thing better, and ditch that crappy moaning sound that's panned to the left and is heard at the beginning and end of the song most easily, and then we'll talk.

NO