*NO* Settlers 'This Means Work'

djpretzel

I like this... very basic but effective...

email sub file TheSettlers_ThisMeansWork_OC_Remix.mp3 -djp

Hi OC team (or dj pretzel... whatever works for you...),

I made a settlers remix a couple of months ago and came across it a few days ago... thought it may be good enough for your site, I M a BIG fan of OC remix for about 2-3 years now.

Anyway, I made the settlers theme a bit celtic-like and remade the whole concept and arrangment (no, not from a midi).

"Regular" music is not really my style (I'm a Psytrance artist for a while now...) but i gave it a shot.

Oh and in case you were wondering - only software was used with a control keyboard.

I hope You'll aprove it

PS - Sorry about the attachment...

Peace

Ben Nahum (Strider)

• 2 weeks later...

i also like what's here, but it really isnt long enough. a song like this could expand with a large variety of subtleties without losing it's minimalist feel, but this is really just a demo of what it could be. lets hear some more. i like this as a start.

also, there are some rhythmic issues, may want to play around with your quantizations

NO

• 4 weeks later...

I'm in agreement. This is short in the sense that very little ideas of this mix have been conveyed. By the time I got into this one, it was over.

Extremely cool concept throughout. The instrumentation, drums and percussion department work on all sorts of levels. Where this mix fails is execution.

Expand, expand, expand! There's a lot of great ideas here, but it's just too bare bones right now. Work on it, polish it and resubmit. I'd love to see the potential of this mix realized. Right now this feels like a work in progress waiting for more ideas and polish. Good luck if you decide to work on it, but for now

NO