SSF2 Vega Remix

Nutritious

Hey guys, it's been a while since I posted anything here. "Finished" this one a while back for a remix contest, but I'm revisiting it and making a few changes for OCR:

http://nutritious3.googlepages.com/SSF2-Vega_12.mp3

Let me know what you think.

EDIT: Should mention my mixing headphones are broken, so using some not so great backups. Can't really hear if it's mixed well until they're fixed/I buy new phones.

AW! No reviews yet? :puppyeyes:

Let me see what I can do with this.

1) MOAR CRACKLE! At the start. I have this all or nothing concept on something like that, the crackling static is there, but not prominent enough for me.

2) The sound clip is kinda nice, 'hey vega' maybe? Anyways I only hear the one. For me not knowing the source, it feels kinda open and exposed here. Maybe put it at that low introduction or someplace else. I like some of like megaman sounds I hear in mixes; if you were going to mix in like goofy sound clips or sound effects or something. I dunno, just kinda feels off where it is.

3) The drum erm, rolls I think they are, at the speed up around the 1 minute mark kinda grind on me, I just don't like the sound. That being said, I'm not sure how to tell you to get a good buzzed roll sound. Some neat drum fills you can do that might sound good there is something like 16th triplets, or 16th triplet bounces. Mostly snare, but a fill like that would likley start with an emphisis on the hi hat, and go to the drums. If it were a beat sequenced in 12 steps per beat, it would look like 1,4,7,8,9,10,11,12. where the last 6 hits a drummer would play double bounced on snare Ll Rr Ll. (on a roll like that, the leading note is slightly louder) Love the hat sound though.

4) I want the clapper part at 2 mins a little bit louder or more prominant for it's big solo moment:-P good stuff. I can't remember the instrument name, but it's actually a 2 pitch clapper if this is what I'm thinking of. I'd pan it a little bit more maybe?

5) More crackle at the end starting sooner. This may be part of a headphone issue for you too or w/e. Best of luck with that. I started on crappy ears and got good ones; I'd hate to have to go back8O

I usually don't comment on the good, but the tempo transitions in this are like GOLD. Love it.

That's it for now

-H

Yyyyes, some fine, fine stuff. Very creative.

my gripes/nitpicks:

- not feeling the trumpet note at 01:01, sounds just wrong to me.

- to me, the Dramatic String Stabs almost always sound like they lagged behind a bit, and here they do too, though just a bit.

- the lead flamenco guitar sounds fake, which I'm actually fine with when it goes fast. The longer notes could use perhaps some varying velocities or something

--Eino