*NO* Final Fantasy 10-2 'Tune In Tune Out'

djpretzel

Alright, I've submitted a few remixes in the past. They were my first three remixes, and besides the Chrono Trigger one,they weren't all that good. I'd be quick to assume that since I sent them to your mailbox, that's why they were never reviewed by the judges (My last submission as in March, I believe.)

Anyway, I'd like for you to forget those anyway. I want to make an impression when I finally get up on Overclocked. I believe this Remix will do the trick.

The URL is

This remix is of the Leblanc Battle Theme from FFX-2. It's been stuck in my head for god knows how long, and I am extremely happy with how it came out. I would have lowered the bitrate to lower size, but it gets crappy after this (It already suffered a bit). It's a bit weak in the beginning, but it makes great progress as it goes along. All I request is that it's reviewed soon, because I was waiting a very , very long time for those other Remixes to get judged.

Peace out. Happy listening !

Joe Laurino

antiGUY

There are 2 main issues with this mix for me:

1. First and most noticeable is the general confusion of notes and the seeming offkeyness. Perhaps this is some form of genius or something that I just can't hear, but the arpeggios definitely sound off-key to me.

2. The mixing is off. The drum beat in the beginning is nicely placed imo, but then, after a while, following a few very loud instruments suddenly entering and overcrowing everything, the drum beat is just weakened, and by the end of the mix is rendered near enough irrelevant. Definitely need to regain some control of the volume of some of those sections, like 2.05 for example.

NO

Holy distortion, Batman!

this is a loud, busy mix. a bit too loud. there's distortion all over the place. also, the drums are much louder than everythign else.

something strikes me as off on the solos. just a bit akward. and the last solo is VERY akward.

the problem with this mix is it has one setting: LOUD

there are really no dynamic changes to speak of. well...at the end a little bit, but by then, my auditory nerves are already shot to hell.

NO

That's a loud remix right there, my friend.

The problem with the actual mastering of the track kicks it out of the

running from the start, but I'll see if I can't come up with anything else

to say about it...

The instruments are not all that great. They sound like some rather

tinny soundfonts or something... That and the static nature of the

drums makes this drag on and on... I'm not familiar with the original,

but a lot of this just seems so busy that it's forgettable. I cannot

remember anything of what I heard earlier in this track because it's

so busy with stuff at the same volume I'm not sure what I'm suppose

to focus on.

NO