Notes for a Song: SoA Dark Rift

If you've ever played Skies of Arcadia, you're probably a fan of the soundtrack.

What a lot of people miss out on (especially because its NOT on the official soundtrack) is the song that is played in the dark rift.

It has this really epic brass section after you get past all the whirring noises, and I can't find a midi for this ANYWHERE.

That being said, neither myself nor my Roomate can write notes by ear.

I would be beyond grateful, and would consider smiling IRL if someone were to do this for me.

I don't need any sheet music, just the note letters in order is fine.

Find us a link to an mp3 or youtube. I followed the link to the project, and saw no obvious list of downloadable mp3's, even after jumping through a couple of the links given.

I'll transcribe a few bars for you, and if I like it, I'll do the rest.

I'd probably only be willing to do the melody though. Harmonies are much more difficult to hear.

Still, it's something to build from.

Find us a link to an mp3 or youtube. I followed the link to the project, and saw no obvious list of downloadable mp3's, even after jumping through a couple of the links given.

I'll transcribe a few bars for you, and if I like it, I'll do the rest.

I'd probably only be willing to do the melody though. Harmonies are much more difficult to hear.

Still, it's something to build from.

The melody, just from that one part with the 'real' music would be awesome

• 1 year later...

Epic thread necro:

Thanks to youtube and a few hours of free time, and being an entire year late (and then some)

I finally got this done:

http://sites.google.com/site/raptorheaven/Home/DARKRIFT.mid

It sounds pretty spot-on to me, compared to what is at 1:59 in

Rhythmically, its horrible, but thats because this is just me slapping it into FL studio with no keyboarding/piano experience whatsoever.

I'm not really comfortable working with 'live' recorded samples with weird note length values in FL... Is there an 'easy' way to resize the notes to fit within the grid better than approximately resizing them with no-snap and then quantizing them?