*NO* Super Castlevania 4 'Bloody Tears Hard Rock'

djpretzel

If JD's SC4 mix passed (barely), I do think this should as well. It's got issues that I'd love to see addressed, but it's pretty decent. Your call - it's been a long night full of many lesser mixes...-djp

Artist name: Motel Mix ( ) Song title: Bloody Tears hard rock

and here´s the song:

Protect your PC - get McAfee.com VirusScan Online

http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963

Wow, impressive.

Its got everything I like in it.

Good arrangement ability. Variation on theme. Soloing. Movement.

No significant notation issues/key issues.

Real crappy ending though....

Ugh... that...

man... why did it have to end like that...

I'm gonna try to find the author and see if he can fix the ending. If not, then its still

YES

Impressive guitar work. More importantly, so is the concise arrangement. Those lead riffs are a little treble-heavy; not enough bass at play. There's some noticeable high-pitched interference at times, so it could just be the recording.

Anyway, the real problem is the ass ending. This probably was a single take, but if the band can tack on something reasonable to end this, the effort would be appreciated.

At any rate, this gets a YES

• 2 weeks later...

What I don't like is that this original theme is pretty short.. and so is

this remix. By like a minute and a half I feel like I've been listening for

10 minutes. By the time we reach the fun little solo, it's starting to feel the

weight of the shortness of the original theme.

I dunno, aside from the solo, I don't see how this is substantially different

from any other hard rock version of the same theme.

And yeah, the ending is a big let down.

NO

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Any word on fixing the ending?

Indeed, this mix is just infused with energy. Wonderfully played guitar and drumwork to match.

The intro is slightly sloppy in the mixing department, there's not as much definition as one would have hoped. This is a very, very conservative arrangement until near the ending sections with the solo parts as noted by cotmm. Very nice expansion there, but then why is it limited to such a short time span?

As good as the mix is, the ending is severly lacking. Motel mix clearly has talent, so I don't know how it came to end like that. It just ends so abruptly and strangely. I also think the mix is on the short side. :(

EDIT:

After even more listening, I'm changing my initial borderline vote to a no. There are some good parts to this mix, however it feels to me like most of it is a cover, aside from additions here and there and the really great solo section. I would like to see more expansion as cotmm cited. It's enjoyable, yet there's some issues, and it doesn't feel too different from versions of this mix that have circulated in the past.

NO

I'm going to go with Matt and give this one a

NO

i'm suprised prot gave it a yes, first of all, because it's less than 2:30. the arrangement isnt bad, but it isnt that different.

i agree with matt that by 130 i'm feeling the repetitiveness. for such a short mix it really does repeat quite a bit.

the guitar playing is good in some places, and the solo has some chops, but no flow, and no rhythm. the lines die in places they should continue. but that's a relatively minor point, seeing as how we pass mixes with lesser guitar playing.

I dont really see the draw. the intro turned me off, the ending is terrible, it's short, it's repetitive, and it doesnt vary too greatly from the original.

• 2 weeks later...

all opinions aside, this sentence pretty much sums it up:

the intro turned me off, the ending is terrible, it's short, it's repetitive, and it doesnt vary too greatly from the original.

and this one is quite accurate too:

the guitar playing is good in some places, and the solo has some chops, but no flow, and no rhythm

That's especially obvious in the solo section.

On a slightly related note, just because a song passed in the past that was possibly below the line of quality, does not mean that we necessarily have to lower the bar for a past mistake. We'd be continually making the same exceptions, stating "well we let such and such through in the past, so..."

So?

NO

D