*NO* Freelancer 'Space Race'

djpretzel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is a really heavy mix, and yet it isnt crowded. i like the bass, i like the sparseness of the mix.

my complaint with this mix is that it's too short. way too short. it needs more development. i'd like to hear a resubmit, longer and with more ideas expressed.

it's trance, for gods sake. it should be at least 4 or 5 minutes long.

NO

Agreed on the note of percussion; those hats get annoying fast.

So I'm at the :50 mark and nothing has really happened yet. 1:16... 1:30, okay, a fill and some intervals. Here comes the melody, delivered in stale synths, some weird lonesome pads, and end. I don't know what was supposed to happen there, but if anything did, I didn't catch it. I'm not familiar with the original but I'll take a guess and say this didn't rearrange much of it. Please work on structure, drive, and development.

NO

I want to love this mix. Yes, the sparse vibe of this works extremely well. Nice pads and composition for the section. It's my favorite part as it seems to fit perfectly with the mood you're trying to make.

This kind of mix does beg for a longer and more drawn out work. Right now it just feels a bit lacking. For me the main turn off in the mix is the drum/percussion work. It does get very repetitive and it wasn't very daring to begin with.

There's a lot of potential here. I really like so much of this mix. Great mood, nice pads and atmosphere. But overall it needs more expansion, development and structure. Also I think one really should go back to the drawing board with the drum/perc sections. I hope to hear more from you in the future, with more attention paid to the details.

NO