*NO* Sonic the Hedgehog 3 'I'm Cold'

djpretzel

Note that he's aware it lacks bass, was going to add it, but has definitely decided it won't happen and is submitting as is... - djp

Yet another Remix of the Ice Cap theme on Sonic 3, I know it's a very overdone mix, but it's been sitting on my computer for a long while, it has no bass in it and I'm not going to wait on getting my hands on one any longer, so what the hell, I'll try and see how people like my interpretation of this overly-used theme.

Akrid

Help STOP SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail

well...i like the arrangement, except for...you know...the whole...no bass thing. but i have a couple issues with the execution.

i dislike both of the guitar sounds. the distortion is too fuzzy and doesnt have enough edge. the clean guitar should have had the neck pickup selected. as it is, it's too trebly.

the drums are too monotonous. there is really very little variation.

there is a lot of clipping. especially later in the song, it's quite obtrusive.

NO

• 2 weeks later...

The distortion guitar is quite grating. Too much high frequencies. Bad mastering here as protricity noted. I think my ears are fried.

Drums are quite static, and also there's too much reverb on it. This definitely needs bass too.

I am really digging the arrangement and performance here, but the production just ruins this mix. Also the ending is mediocre.

This could have been great. Please work on this for a resubmission.

NO