*NO* Mega Man 3 'robotic ascent'

djpretzel

hmm...kwix's mixes seem to get progressively better..

this mix has a lot of potential as it is, but it is lacking some polish.

in the intro, when the lead synth trails off, it should continue to trail off, replaced by a different voice. it should not cut off to get back to the melody.

treble fades are used, but not with any amount of subtlety. the treble will jump from all the way down to all the way off. subtelty. in the places where there are more than two lead instruments, they should not be the same instrument.

a little before 4 minutes there is a nice backsynth, but it is too quiet.

the song as a whole could use more softpads and various instruments in general to fill up the space.

i like the arrangement. with some work this could be very good.

NO

A great deal of this mix sounds like it was made with reason's random note generator.

It might have been decent if more attention was paid to the random jumble of notes. There is no order here. Percussion is nearly non-existent. There is only one lead throughout the whole song.

Too further compound my view I quote the words of Daniel Baranowsky:

Overall, the arrangement is pretty sketchy, instruments often come and go with no real musical sense, such as following 3:45. It really sounds like a drum solo or something should be in there, as it's not really a bridge or an interlude, just empty space. I think trying to make the music a little bit more dense with different timbres than the standard portamento PWM-ish lead and crunchy bass synths would do wonders for the sound quality and enjoyability of the music.
Its exactly how I feel, so

NO

• 2 weeks later...

The judges are in agreement here so I'm going to finalize and close this mix. I too agree Kwix has been getting progressively better. It has been fun to watch the evolution of a mixer. There are some issues in this mix as noted by others. I think the drums are pretty typical in a nonobtrusive way. Others have a different opinion on them though.

More polish and work could really make this mix something special, but as it is, I personally enjoy this mix, but it's simply not for OC at this time. I'm keeping it though! Keep mixing Kwix as you're getting better and better.

NO