Fruityloops pattern box ?

ive been using fruityloops and all of a sudden when i lay the pattern down to stretch the song out instead of being able to just lay down a block and have it be able to link with the next tile i lay down it is now a little bit off each time, before they would just connect but now it starts a little off and i actually have to go block by block and try and make them match up...i know i must have just clicked something but i dont know how to get it back to normal...any suggestions?

• 4 weeks later...

On a related note, how on earth do I get the pattern to loop WHERE I want it to, not just at the end of whatever measure you happen to cross into?

IE:

I have note blocks that go through measure two and a few in measure three, with a good 75% of measure 3 empty. The pattern loops (by default i hope) at the end of measure, leaving tons of empty space. Is there a way to say, "Please FL studio, for the love of all that it sacred, like bananas, loop the pattern at the end of the last note?"

If you do that, then nothing will start on-beat again, so I'd recommend you either chop those notes out and put them into the beginning of the next pattern or make an extra pattern for them or something.

Or you could use pattern clips, slice it how you want it, then paint it in that way.

• 2 weeks later...
On a related note, how on earth do I get the pattern to loop WHERE I want it to, not just at the end of whatever measure you happen to cross into?

IE:

I have note blocks that go through measure two and a few in measure three, with a good 75% of measure 3 empty. The pattern loops (by default i hope) at the end of measure, leaving tons of empty space. Is there a way to say, "Please FL studio, for the love of all that it sacred, like bananas, loop the pattern at the end of the last note?"

if you're talking about putting it in the playlist, you could set your playlist snap to beat, and you'll be able to paint in that patterns exactly (well, to the beat) where you want them by overlapping the pattern blocks. at least, if you're asking what i think you're asking, that's how i'd do it.