*NO* Mega Man 4 'Synthpopped'

djpretzel

i was really enjoying the groove and the synthpop sound until the melody came in, which isnt very well arranged. it sounds like it's straight from the NES with a slightly higher-bit sound. in fact, the entire song, other than the intro, is really pretty straightforward. there arent a lot of instruments or harmonies. and thesong is short, it doesnt expand.

NO

EDIT: i should have been more clear, my complaint is not that the mix is too close to the original, rather that the melody sounds like it's straight from the NES, and such a sound is asynchronistic with the groove.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I'm hearing and digging the 80s vibe.

I thought I was imagining things, but then I noticed Vig mentioned it too. It feels quite empty, the harmonies feel very nonexistent. This is the main problem of the mix right here.

Good synth work. Really appropriate and cool drumwork too. I'm really liking this mix, except for the one major flaw. Add some more instruments and enrichen the harmony. The tune's length doesn't really bother me, it's fine in that department in my book. Of course if you did expand it that would be better.

sad to say :(NO