clarification needed- free Update for boxed users

Hi everyone. I just bought a FL XXL Bundle (boxed) but I am hesitating to register right now.

The Getting Started guide says: "Register and get a free on-line update to the most recent version"

This is somewhat confusing. Does this mean that I get an update to the version available at registration time, or can I update to the latest version when I want. That is for example, can I register and wait for version 9 to come out or version 10, or 11, etc.. and then get my 1 update to that given version? :?

thanks in advance

If you bought it in a store, I'd recommend you go back and return it right now (if they let you, and if you haven't registered and account yet) because you can buy it online (for probably cheaper) and get free updates for life. When you get the boxed version, you only get one update (I'm not sure how it works with skipping versions and such). Alternatively, you can go to the Image Line shop and buy unlimited updates for life for $30. It's definitely worth it.

If you do end up returning it and going with the online version instead, I can get you 10% off.

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BDJJJAJ495