*NO* Contra 'Alien Danz'

djpretzel

This song is exceedingly hard on the ears. Some of the percussive samples are delayed rock set samples and using them for a beat like this makes everything sound out of sync. Secondly, everything is exceedingly repetitive. Very little variation aside from the differen't layering.

The ending is about twice as loud as the rest of the song and does not conclude. It just ends.

NO

• 2 weeks later...

There's plenty of nice things going on here. There's also plenty of things here that simply don't work as the others have mentioned. This mix has all the intangibles that make it extremely difficult on the ears to listen to.

There's some nice instrumentation here and drumwork generally is good, but is really let down by issues as mentioned previously above. Work on strengthening your lead. It's pretty vanilla and weak. Effects, eqing and general mixing of the mix or perhaps double-ing it up would help make it stand out more.

I do like the windchimes usage quite a bit. It's rare to hear that in this kind of a mix. Given the depth, length and variety of this mix, there's some cohesion problems here. Ochestral hits though cheesy are used fairly well. Fun.

Nice idea, and lots of cool concepts, but together there's just some finer points lacking. Also the ending is kind of a give up ending. What was going on there?

NO

Being the last in the judging line... everything that needs to be said probably already has. But that wont stop me, for I love the sound of my own typing.

There are a lot of really cool ideas being thrown around, but there is no solid foundation for them to really shine. In other words, the weaker parts of this piece exceed the stronger points and the cool ideas. I would love to see a redo of this piece because it's really just a matter of "out with the bad air, in with the good."

No