I really love Sim City 4

Sag Ee Mana

Hi people,

My first post was about a problem ingame.

The police helicopter icon (-> emergency dispatch tools) was stuck on the screen and I couldn't remove it.

Now it's ok, I've got to destroy police deluxe stations and reload the city... What a mess...

However... I really love that game.

Back in 90's I remember when I was able to 'clear' Sim City 2000 with a map full of archologies in the afternoon...

Back before with the Super Nes Sim City 1 with Mr Wright...

And before with an Amstrad CPC 6128 version that shut down when the city was too complex :D

So I bought the Sim City Box -2 weeks ago in Quebec- for 20$ and this game is really awesome.

So lively (with rush hour (-> U Drive it is funny ^^) of course) and there are so many options...

I have also SimCity Societies and Snap City but I didn't installed them yet...

Maybe because I don't expect good things about these games...

Dunno.

However this game is really something, and if there is some cool stuff to download or to see on the net about it, I'd like to know ^^

Now I think I'll try again the Sim City on Super Nes emulator for the fun :)

Have a good day !

I struggle to play sim city 4 now after completely building everything in a prior playthrough. It's exciting to play slowly the first couple of times, but now I just want to leap to the endgame when I play and rush through the beginning which results in a poor city.

I enjoyed it so much, the soundtrack is wonderful. Especially with Rush Hour.

I've been stuck not playing lately because of my design project and now exams, but I have been playing the game as of late. I must say, if you're going to play the game to its fullest, you need to go and find the tons of custom content available. It adds a whole new couple of dimensions to the game. Simtropolis is one such site, SC4 Devotion is another. Really good stuff on both sites.

And hey, since this topic is here, may as well plug my City Journal while I'm at it.

:sleepdepriv: <- Me after most nights I get into my Sim city binge. I also love Sim City 4 w/ the rush hour expansion. Bought them several months back. Right now I'm making a bunch of smaller cities surrounding the very large city plot for when I really try to make a mega metropolus. :<

As far as updates go, the only offical ones I'm aware of is the one from the EA/Maxis (whichever) site. The update however is a few years old I believe but I reccomend you picking it up.