Full Episodes of Colbert and Daily Show Denied to Foriegn Countries

I only just found out about the Colbert Show like three months ago and it had become a favorite pastime for me every Saturday morning to watch all the episodes of both Colbert Report and the Daily Show for that week. I was planning to do so again today but found that the full episodes are now blocked from anyone outside of the U.S.

Here's the link to the thread on the Colbert Nation forum.

http://forum.colbertnation.com/tcr/board/message?board.id=video_issues&thread.id=169&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

The first post is the one from the administration and says they "did so at the request of the content licensees who control the television broadcast rights to the show in those respective territories."

It seems to me like most of the posts on the Colbert Nation forum are just unhelpful complaining. But what do you guys think about this?

I for one am, of course, slightly bummed since I can't watch it on regular TV out here in Japan. But hey, if they don't have the money or the required license, I guess it can't be helped.

I don't really see what's new about this, I live in Canada, and I can't access any full episodes to any american based TV Networks, nor can I access hulu, or youtube episodes, or anything like that. It's really annoying but it's the way it's been for a long time.

I don't really see what's new about this, I live in Canada, and I can't access any full episodes to any american based TV Networks, nor can I access hulu, or youtube episodes, or anything like that. It's really annoying but it's the way it's been for a long time.

Don't really have much to add to this except to say that this is exactly what I was about to post. If it's something I really want to see, I can usually use a proxy to get around it, but overall this "US Only" stuff is and has been a pain in the ass for quite a while now.