Raiden IV

Schwaltzvald

I didn't see this mentioned so...

being ported to the XBox 360 exclusively with a lot of extra content and stuff.

The shmuper in me is very disappointed it's a 360 exclusive, especially since there are no actual "arcades" that I know of around my area; not to mentioned it never saw international release in the arcades to begin with...

I'm also surprised that it will be on the 360 to begin with despite how the console does in Japan.

Wowzers, this one came out of left field. Pretty psyched for this but I wish it'd come out on other systems too, in order to help with sales. Talking to buddies of mine, I'm pretty certain I'm the only one who bought Ikaruga, 1942 Joint Strike, and Triggerheart Exellica in recent years. Its a shame not many people play schmups anymore, considering the hardcore nature of the genre. But then, hardcore in today's generation means you play lots of FPS's and ultraviolent titles. Still, one can hope eh?

Few things I noticed in the trailer:

-I could've sworn I saw bubbles for an attack at 0:32. So we're gonna see a return of Parodius styled weapons then.

-Extra content=Extra stage maybe?

Wowzers, this one came out of left field. Pretty psyched for this but I wish it'd come out on other systems too, in order to help with sales. Talking to buddies of mine, I'm pretty certain I'm the only one who bought Ikaruga, 1942 Joint Strike, and Triggerheart Exellica in recent years. Its a shame not many people play schmups anymore, considering the hardcore nature of the genre. But then, hardcore in today's generation means you play lots of FPS's and ultraviolent titles. Still, one can hope eh?

Few things I noticed in the trailer:

-I could've sworn I saw bubbles for an attack at 0:32. So we're gonna see a return of Parodius styled weapons then.

-Extra content=Extra stage maybe?

Shmups always been something of a niche gaming genre, despite the fact that the earliest (at least most popular) had been space invaders...

I would have to say "hardcore games" actually means, games that you actually have to put in a lot of effort these days. FPSs and gory slaughtering (more leik pseudo-slaughtering) is fine, but soon as they see anything resembling

, or even this with any sense of difficulty, most "casual gamers" will run away shitting in their pants...

But enough about that, here's an awesome game play comparison between a novice and an expert player

here's the extra stuff for Raiden IV via wikipedia~

The Xbox 360 version of Raiden IV comes with a couple of extra modes for added replay. There will also be downloadable content for purchase, which includes gamerpics and dashboard themes. New player ships, such as the Fighting Thunder Mk-II (Original Raiden) and the Fairy will be available for purchase and download in the marketplace for use in the game.

A TATE option is included for players to view the game in either vertical or horizontal screens for their preferred shooting experience. There will be a total of 47 achievements with a total of 1000 points in the game.

but soon as they see anything resembling
, or even this with any sense of difficulty, most "casual gamers" will run away shitting in their pants...

Ahh, but I never considered the Raiden series to be in the realm of a bullet hell schmup. I actually bought a few of the Touhou games and play them occasionally. Granted, I'm not that good, and I still say the Extra Stages are just plain hellish to play through, but the fact is that they're a lot of fun and I enjoy the unrealistic fantasy of being "One fighter against the world" kind of thing. I'd also argue that completing a schmup with little to no continuing is the one type of game genre that I actually feel a sense of accomplishment from playing.

Anyway, thanks for the extra info on this bad boy. I'm certainly picking it up. Personally though, I'm hoping to get some Thunder Force love in the near future.

I didn't see this mentioned so...

being ported to the XBox 360 exclusively with a lot of extra content and stuff.

The shmuper in me is very disappointed it's a 360 exclusive, especially since there are no actual "arcades" that I know of around my area; not to mentioned it never saw international release in the arcades to begin with...

I'm also surprised that it will be on the 360 to begin with despite how the console does in Japan.

360 basically the official console for shumps. Why are you even surprised to begin with? I just wish they at least get ported. Some really good ones haven't yet gotten any port-over news.

360 basically the official console for shumps. Why are you even surprised to begin with? I just wish they at least get ported. Some really good ones haven't yet gotten any port-over news.

Considering they have

and a couple more on the XBox360 in Japan, you're right in asking why I'm surprised. I really don't have much of a response actually, I'm just simply am.

This is probably one of the few times I'm actually kinda spoiled when it comes to shmups/bullet hell games. :lol: I mean what about the poor die hard mac/linux users who'll never have the opportunity to play the touhou series; at least those that never want to touch anything windows ever again, even through wine/parallels.

edit: OH SHIT English patches for

and
been released~!

Gonna be interesting to see how 2 player mode works; got a friend who wanted to try it after an english patch comes out.