*NO* Resident Evil 2 'ResEv 2 point 0'

djpretzel

I am submitting this remix of the sanctuary theme of Resident Evil 2:

I would like this to be credited to "DJ Flip Side"

I don't have a website right now, but i may in the future, so can i update you with that (if this gets accepted that is :)

And please list my Email as "shooze_man@yahoo.com"

Hope this makes it in!

-flipsideshooze

P.S.

I submitted some stuff about a year ago and never got ANY word on it (other than the automatic reply). I don't really need those to be judged anymore, because they were crap :)

I was just wondering what happend to them and if you could please give me some reply to this (other than the automatic reply) to know that you have seen this, it would be much appriciated... thanks :)

Delayed strings was a neat idea, but it gets old fast. Bassline synth is cool too, but panning from left to right gets tiring as well. Drumloop is either used or not used. This is a case of getting excited over good effects and overusing them. The guitar and organ come in strong and completely dominate the field of sound. Chord progression of the original isn't played with much. Ending is a big dot dot dot.

Decent ideas, but not a great result. NO

This mix is muddy. there are some good ideas, like the pan strings and the guitar, but neither are executed well. the strings are dry. it just sounds like there are two different violins sitting in each speaker. and the guitar comes in loud and akwardly. the guitar also doesnt play anything that adds to the song.

NO

BTW: you forgot to put in an ending.

This is a bit redundant. I agree the delayed strings are a nice idea, but it feels like it's playing the same thing over and over. There are nice concepts here, however the execution is lacking. For this kind of mix this needs more instrumentation and layering.

I also hear very light clipping. Minor issue though. The main problem here as others have said is lack of execution, a bit of production polishing and a very abrupt ending. Not a bad mix, but doesn't stand out either. I like the direction and concept of the mix, so I hope you consider working on this more.

NO