*NO* Ys Eternal I 'The Secrets Contained within the Books'

djpretzel

Okay, it's obviously taking longer to get around to actually downloading the file than I can have my web server running. So, forget about the last track I submitted and check out my geocities page for the new track I did. The relevant information is in the id3, but I couldn't name the file anything relevant because stupid geocities wouldn't accept any file names with separate words.

It's the only mp3 on this page:

Thanks

Nick

I am not familiar enough with the game to make a secure judgement at this point. Are any of you familiar with this game?

Someone needs to supply us with the original source material for a valid judgement of this mix. After the All my Justice mix, with mixes this unfamiliar, I think the bar of caution should be higher. Undecided for now.

• 3 weeks later...

Where's the love for synth guitar? I didn't think it was that bad. I grew up on synth guitar music so maybe I like it more than others. It sounds has a distinct korg electric guitar sound. Some parts are really nice.

This has a very japanese/80s rock style going for it with the rock kit, guitar and synth bells. This is a nice mix and I'm borderline, but ultimately I think it does need more escalation and expansion and more arrangement. Right now it doesn't sound like too much of an arrangement and genre change over the original. I suggest you post this in the WIP/Completed forums, there will be a group of people that will enjoy this.

NO

Hmm... that lead is really ugly.
the lead is really really ugly.

Yeah, what they said. I think the worst part of it was at the end when it does the... FUNKY pitchbend.

Anyway, lead aside, I like the arrangement. The drums don't do a whole lot and they sound really... icky, but the arrangement as a whole is pretty decent. This kind of lacks a beginning, though, but that's just my opinion. Panning in this is executed quite well, as is the mastering (except on the drums). I don't really like the synths as a whole. They just sound too basic. The strings are nice and really fill out the background, though. But MAN, that LEAD is just... *dies*

NO