Wolfenstein (2009)

Schwaltzvald

Recently bought Wolfenstein 3D PSN port (nostalgia) and noticed the trailer it included a trailer for the new game coming out this August.

will probably be the third, "true" FPS game on a console that I will get since Goldeneye and Quake II 64.

I enjoyed

when it first came out back in 01 and I'm hoping the experience for the next game will be just as awesome.

Quake II 64 is a harlequin fetus ground into Haggis and set to Trilinear Filtering and nearest-neighbor interpolation. It is about one of the worst games I ever did play.

Just thought you should know.

How come the Jaguar version of Wolfenstein doesn't get any love? Its like the best version out there. Kinda.

Yeah Quake II 64 was bad, however it had a few different maps on it and I didn't care so long as it provided a challenge. Plus I had the PC version already and was big on Quake II; Original Quake was fun but QII had been where it took off for me.

I never had the jaguar nor knew any one that did so I can't tell you why people seem to ignore that port.

EDIT* Here's some video on Wolfenstein 3D on the Jaguar, which surprises me that it had music where as the DOOM port did not...

Well, that could be why.

I really want Doom on the Jaguar too. :(

I meant in case of a legit reason such as shitty controls or horrible visuals. To my understanding and even in AVGN's recent Jaguar console/game reviews the DOOM port was very good, with the exception that it for whatever reason did not have music as the original along with many other ports did.

You're not missing out much though as the PC version will always be better.

Edit* I'm at work so I can't link to the actual vids just the trailers atm.

But hey on topic...

My only main concern about Wolfenstein (2009) is that it won't have some aspects of needing to be "stealthy" as RtCW did.

Not sure how I managed to not hear about this, I will definitely have to give this a look when it comes out. I don't think I can really say no to another Wolfenstein game, what with the original being the first FPS I (and so many others) ever played. Looks like they are really playing up the experimental technology side of it this time, should be interesting.

I'm only going to be interested in this if the multiplayer is any good. (i.e. is faithful to RtcW/ET players). If it has singleplayer, then that's just a bonus.

In many ways Quake Wars mirrors if not improved a bit on the original ET game... Instead of Allies vs Axis its humans vs Strogg...

In many ways Quake Wars mirrors if not improved a bit on the original ET game... Instead of Allies vs Axis its humans vs Strogg...

Yeah I'm an ETQW player too :P

Though thought I would mention RtcW/ET since it would probably be better if Wolfenstein is more reminiscent of ET style gameplay, rather than ETQW (i.e. more inf based, without the vehicles). Oh gahd please no vehicles.

Yeah I'm an ETQW player too :P

Though thought I would mention RtcW/ET since it would probably be better if Wolfenstein is more reminiscent of ET style gameplay, rather than ETQW (i.e. more inf based, without the vehicles). Oh gahd please no vehicles.

Vehicle use isn't so bad, as it's more due to most players being absolute dipshits. Heck on a good day in ETQW when you actually got competent drivers at the helm, it's awesome, especially when a couple try their damn best to get away from anti air attacks and manage supressing fire while the ground forces rush in.

Most of the vehicles are for the most part supportive as it in the end takes a Strogg/Human to complete the objective or defend. They aren't the end all be all especially counting how many times I've shot down copters/airships :lol:

Also the Icarus flight pack is very useful for the strogg covop members to get around unseen quickly and getting into awesome sniper positions.

Once again though Im getting off topic somewhat.

For Wolftenstein, I'm hoping to see better mappings as the originals tend to be plagued with open pot shot areas and I'm hoping to see more variety in the soldier's aesthetics; imo they all did look the same except for the covop guys...