coconuts and seabreeze - a kirby 64 urlun (aqua) star remix

melody

sup everyone, this is a remix i put together an hour ago that i think im gonna try to incorporate all the major kirby beach themes in (dreamland 1, 2, and 64). so far it only has urlun star from kirby 64 and ripple valley 1 from dreamland 2

source:

new ver: stats.png

link: stats.png

take a listen, crit as much as you desire, and last but not least, enjoy!

Sounds pretty promising imo. The mix is a bit messy, you could probably do some EQ separation to clean it up a bit. I'm not sure how well panning the piano is working. I can hear the source you provided easily, and it's a nice interpretation of it.

Just watch out for making it too much of a medley. Keep up the good work.

thanks rozovian! yeah, the mix was pretty muddy. there were similar suggestions at #ocrwip and i have cleaned it up considerably (i think). also, you're right on about the panning, piano panned right sounds bleh; it's now two tracks with the bass notes panned slightly left and chord tones panned slightly right. so far the mix is heavily urlun star, with bits of float islands from dreamland 1 and the "chorus" from ripple field 1 a la dreamland 3 present.

well, here it is (also posted above): stats.png

hope you enjoy